Boulton Lane Baptist Church is a small family church in Alvaston. We are a group of people that believe in God and work hard to follow and be guided by the example of Jesus. Our church is not a building, but a family working together to do their best to show the love of God. Church is not just about turning up on a Sunday morning, but about listening, loving, helping and supporting other in so many different ways every day of the week so we serve our community in a variety of ways.
We are informal, relaxed and flexible, built on showing and sharing the love of God. We are currently in the process of becoming a congregation of Derby Urban Church (DUC).
We are a member of ACT (All Christians Together) supporting community needs through the established Food Bank programme and Women’s Refuge charities.
This is our Mission Statement:
- May our ministry always speak your Name.
- May we continue to remember and support the hungry, the homeless, the marginalised and those in poverty.
- May we not be afraid of the future.
- May we be ready to ‘action’ the plans you have for us, blessing new ventures as we step out in faith.
- May we have joy in our hearts.
- May we be creative and inspiring to those around us and not limit the ways your love can work through us
- May we be present to your presence each day, aiming to do our best to make it on earth as it in Heaven. Amen
This is our programme for Spring 2024 – please pop in or contact us – we’d love to meet you.
Sunday Worship 10.45am
- Mondays: Ktog (Knit Together) We meet 1.30-3pm and have a good group of ladies who come along to knit, crochet and chat! We take on projects too!
- Tuesdays: We have our Girls Brigade who meet 6pm
- Wednesday: Coffee Morning – 10.30-12noon – a great time meeting up with friends. Offering quizzes, craft, puzzles/games too!
Beavers/Scouts – 6pm-8.15pm
- Friday: Friday Fellowship 2-3.30pm – this runs fortnightly, led by our Minister Graham Watkins
- Saturday: Film Night – we show a film every 2 or 3 months – look out for adverts
Alpha Courses, Friday Fortnight Fellowship, Film Nights and other events – see the programme above.
A NEW WAY OF DOING CHURCH
Corner of Charnwood Street and